×

Penana
search
Loginarrow_drop_down
Registerarrow_drop_down
Please use Chrome or Firefox for better user experience!
campaign Request update 0
Report this story
Arcana 99
PG-13
46.3K
0
0
712
1

The year is 1954, and one thought drives millions of people to the deserts of Utah: "What would I do with a wish?" Me? I already know the answer to that, but I am left with a more challenging question: "What would I do for a wish?"

After refusing to read the rules, Nerio Pinkerton, semi-former semi-mercenary, and Etteilla Laveau, the most powerful of the three magicians on the planet, are forced to work together in a race around the world. Along the way, they will fend off gods, monsters, workplace drama, and the eccentric people desperate enough to join such a race.


A story I've been working on for the past few years. I tried to go with a big, ensemble cast each with their own motivations that are intertwined with each other. There's Nerio, a scorned mercenary trying to find a reason to live. Etteilla, a magic user trying to learn how it all works. Urho Häyhä, a Finnish veteran missing his child's life in the hopes of being able to see it. Gottlieb Kober, a vengeful man trying to rewrite history. Johnathan Rutledge Light, a moron. Sheri Hoy Parfit, a genius inventor too far ahead of her time to be taken seriously. Euclid Grenfell and Mr. Maxwell, the mysterious creators of the globetrotting race. Karin Bernays, the woman who learned too much about them. And, Revatti Alcubierre, an out-of-luck actress from three hundred years in the future.

favorite
coins
0 likes
Be the first to like this issue!

X
Never miss what's happening on Penana! Close